When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Nanotechnology 4 your watch

asciwhite

There is a company making a "novelty" spray for your touch mobilephone, touch screen whatever :D I bought some for my HTC and applied as described. The effect of the nanotech primer & sealer makes a "lotus effect" on your mobile so it wont smudge and is easy to just wipe off.

Have you ever seen a lotus flower sticking up from mucky waters clean and fresh? Well they have tiny hairs on them almost on the nano scale wich repels water, fat and dust.

I thought I would try this on a watch.. Namely the DSSD, and lo and behold after a thorough cleaning and buffing I applied some of the primer and sealant on the watch. It keeps shiny and bright, free from smudges and dust and water much better :D I touch it with fatty fingers and normal wear (I hate "cloudy" crystal after some wear) just wipe it gently on your sweater or cloth, VOILA just as clean as after the buffing and polishing...

Maybe a tip you can use on your watches. It doesent cost much so its worth a try...

You can byu on eBay or from the company direct (Based in Germany)

DuraSec NanoTek Liquid screen protector

an optimal dirt protection ( lotus leaf-effect),

- a light scratch protection,

- raises the contrast and

- reduces the reflection-effect considerably

Thanks for sharing mate,

Just to be clear you put it on the whole of the DSSD? Bezel, case, bracelet and crystal? or just Xtal. Was there any discolouration at all? as in tinting?

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

I would say so to the AR definately less reflection. There is absolutely no discolouration as far as I can see :D The liquid is clear as water..

I bought an extra set now so I can try on more watches. The DSSD ate the little I had left.... I used it on the head of the watch, and i seemed to work good... But this is very experimental guys *laughs*

If this stuff gets in to the movment I imagine it could do some damage. Something I thought of afterwards :p

I also noticed they had some of the same stuff for "Diving purposes" on the site.... Hmm might be good for saltwater and alike...

EDIT: I can take some pictures when the new supply gets here for "Showcasing"

But remember this stuff wears off after a while. But it is durable enough for touch telephones. My HTC lastet maybe 14 days before I had to reapply with more liquid nano goodness :D

Have you considered what this stuff will do when it's transferred through your skin and got into your body? ;):p

Nanotechnology is great but what I resent about it is that it's being rolled out by companies making big money, with little or no long term testing as to its effects on the human body!

Have you considered what this stuff will do when it's transferred through your skin and got into your body? ;):p

Nanotechnology is great but what I resent about it is that it's being rolled out by companies making big money, with little or no long term testing as to its effects on the human body!

This is definately true!!!! Maybe ill get hair on the inside of my eyeballs?? Not a pleasant thought..