When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Cleaning restoring PVD

PeteM

Hi Guys

I am sorry if this has been asked before I have tried searching here and elsewhere but cant seem to find the answer.

Can anybody suggest a way to restore and/or clean the PVD coating on a case?

1) without harming the coating

2) restoring the lustre or matt of the finish depending on the type of PVD

Thank you

Hey Pete!

I think it was hackr or maybe ubi or lani who had a similar post sometime ago.....

Cheers,

F-

Thanks F

I will have a look :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I just searched the guys content since last year but could not see anything on PVD cleaning :( - Ti case cleaning, Oxidisation and creating the look of Tantulum was all I could see

So if anyone can point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated :)

Thanks again F :)

Your best option for cleaning is to use a Cape Cod cloth Pete...

Thanks D and W,

Do you mean just gently ? The reason I hadnt thought to use it was the thread, if you recall, that R did about using CC to distress a Getat PVD case. And consensus suggested the CC would change the look of the PVD coating depending on how hard you rubbed it.....

http://www.rwgforum....se-refinishing/

Thanks D and W,

Do you mean just gently ? The reason I hadnt thought to use it was the thread, if you recall, that R did about using CC to distress a Getat PVD case. And consensus suggested the CC would change the look of the PVD coating depending on how hard you rubbed it.....

http://www.rwgforum....se-refinishing/

Yes but you don't have to be too gentle. You can't really rub off the PVD coat with a CC cloth. You can add a lustre that some think makes it look more original.

If it comes off it's not real PVD :good:

It is the PVD coating done by Ajoesmith for the B&R 03 group buy. So as far as I am aware it is :)