When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bell & Ross fans, I need your help...

boug

Hi Everyone,

Like I said in my presentation post earlier, I'm looking for MY BR03-92.

I want the stainless steel version. I made my duty, and searched on all trusted dealers.

That's what I founded:

Hontwatch: asia 4813 158$

Puretime : CN 2813 158$

2836 clone 208$

NiceReplica asian 4813 139$ (but with fabric strap)

Timesshop.net asian 4813 150$

Iwatchstation asian 2836 208$

Trevor time asian 4813 148$

perfect clone asian 4813 168$ (Thanks Redwatch ;) )

Like you can see it's approx 160$ for an 4813 and approx 210$ for a 2836 clone, for almost every seller.

Here are my questions:

1- Do the 2836 clone worth the 50$ difference ?

2- Do you particularly recommend one dealer (Or really not recommend one) ?

3- No one mention any kind of luminova. May I hope to have a little at those prices ?

4- They all have the 00176 serial number, do they come from the same factory ?

hontback176.jpg

5- Some sellers annouce a thickness of 11mm and others 12,3mm. Is there really two different cases ?

timesshopthickness.jpg

hontcote.jpg

Is there other things I should be aware of ? :unsure:

I know it's a lot of questions, and if some of you can answer to one or more... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

By the way, to help me to wait, you may post pictures of yours... :Jumpy:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a serious note... Trevor selling Asian 21J, PVD, mineral glass,46 mm for $85.00 with free shipping,no Lume at all, but i believe, Gen B&R not lumed also... however ( see tread about Trevor in General Discussion), plus, his website today reporting virus attack ( my McAfee crazy flashing red) This is Trevor's B&R :

September2010255-1.jpg

Regards.

The gens are lumed.

My personal preference is the 2836 and to me it is worth the extra as IMO the sweep is much more gen like have seen all up close. There are mixed views on the 4813 here and good and bad stories.

The variations do come from several factories and quality does vary some (maybe all) of the 03s with 2836 come from the better factory and have better lume and crystal with AR also the case is 1:1 whereas some are slightly off gen but not noticeably. All the SS cases need refinishing to match gen and if you want a close gen look then the lume as well also the AR is double sided and looks better with outer removed.

Heres a pic of the only white dial I have with SS, its the 46mm.

Ok, If I understand well, When we choose a model with 2836, the whole quality is better, not just the movement ? :g:

Can we "refinishing" the case ourself with diamond paste ?

I cant say that with certainty for the 03s but I can for the 01s. Certainly the AR will be important as your after a black dial (I had thought you wanted white but of course there is no 03-92 gen of that) a lot of them will be easily spotted as reps with the quality of the AR. Because the dark dial highlights that awful blue rep hue on the xtal and if you remove it again its a spotter given how they look on the gen. So you might want to think about getting it ARd anyway and relumed. So if thats the case then buy which ever one you want (not Mineral) as I said I prefer the 2836 if you have seen the 2836 25J and 4813 against the gen for some reason the 2836 runs much closer, though I have no idea why given they are both 8BS. Of course gen has 2892 which are also available in the 01 etc.

As for the case - No mate that aint the way you would do it. If you get one pm me a pic and I will talk you through what you need to do.

I would go for 2836 as it's serviceable and has better sweep. The ETA/Clone ETA also has direct drive seconds hand whereas the DG4813 / Asian 21j movements are not direct drive seconds hands and so are jerkier.

The gen lume is poor as well so don't worry too much about it lol

I would go for 2836 as it's serviceable and has better sweep. The ETA/Clone ETA also has direct drive seconds hand whereas the DG4813 / Asian 21j movements are not direct drive seconds hands and so are jerkier.

With the lume, as a gen yes it is poor though the latest ones are much much better as is overall QC which B&R always suffered badly with, but the lume compared to the rep thats another story ;)

@boug - that one went over my head mate ??

I think that one of the intersting characteristic of the mechanical watches is the fluidity of the second hand. If the 2836 is more fluid, my choice is made... 8)

They are.. This is funny tread about B&R Lume on WUS

http://forums.watchu...ume-353120.html

BTW, nice piece you have Pete ,is this Daddy-O strap?

http://forums.watchu...y-o-428955.html

Now thats funny!! And it took a few posts for someone to state the obvious. Apparently on the Heritage its not lumed at all due to the beige colouring but I have read various accounts on the B&R forums that are about.

Yes mate its one of John's, I have him doing a couple more B&R straps plus others for my other watches now. Great bloke

I tend to use the non affiliated B&R forums so dont go on that one much....

@boug - obviously I didnt make my point on the 2836 enough for you

Now thats funny!! And it took a few posts for someone to state the obvious. Apparently on the Heritage its not lumed at all due to the beige colouring but I have read various accounts on the B&R forums that are about.

Yes mate its one of John's, I have him doing a couple more B&R straps plus others for my other watches now. Great bloke

I tend to use the non affiliated B&R forums so dont go on that one much....

@boug - obviously I didnt make my point on the 2836 enough for you

@ PeteM Do I miss something ? Sorry if so, english is not my first language, and it's not easy to all understand... :wounded1:

Dear boug! You did very good homework , go with 2836 :thumbsupsmileyanim:

My story: i got my cheapo from Trevor in bulk purchase, just to feel B&R ..Then i realized that is damm nice watch, so now i am waiting 2836

myself :whistling:

Cheers.

Is it possible to know from what seller ?

I founded only two (and it seem to be the same owner) who sell th one in stainless with a 2836. Puretime and iwatchstation...

Is it possible to know from what seller ?

I founded only two (and it seem to be the same owner) who sell th one in stainless with a 2836. Puretime and iwatchstation...

http://www.yourtrustytime.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=104_147&products_id=2853&zenid=75e2b3ac4aa441610da8e2f7f04f0ff4

Edited by upland

If you ask Mary for the best she has available, or what she can get for your budget, she can go out and buy it specifically for you,and you will get pictures to check before she sends it :)

That's the kind of service I like :thumbsupsmileyanim: who is this Mary ? :bounce: