When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Anyone Own a Girard Perregaux Sea Hawk II 3000M

Defender110

Anyone Own a Girard Perregaux Seahawk TI 3000M?

this gen talks to me for some reason and i am thinking of picking up a gen... no GP dealers very close to me though so I havn't been able to handle a gen yet.. does anyone own one and what are your impressions?

A side by side with a PAM 44mm rep or gen would be nice!

Thanks!

I have handled one...GP is one of the most under appreciated brands out there...they are one of the last remaining true everything in-house watchmakers.

That seahawk is very nice...about the same size as a PAM 44mm...and about as thick....it's a rugge watch and the rubberized band with the Ti butterfly clasp is one of the best and softest rubbers only second to UN Rubber bands. The crown position is signature GP, and the dial has large lumed markers. The Ti makes this large watch lighter, of course.

One caveat...since GP is an exclusive movement....prepare to shell out some big bucks whenever you decide to have the watch serviced or cleaned.

the movement is this watch is THINNER than the CRYSTAL(4.85mm) thickness. :-) i like the brown leather version best at least from the pics..

Quote from Purists "Crafted in titanium, the front features an unusually thick and domed sapphire crystal of 4.85mm thickness. This crystal is actually 50% thicker than the GP movement inside and almost equals the total height of the Girard-Perregaux reference 47620 ultra-thin dress watch!"

looks more like a homage - it is not even called a GP :victory:

but have you seen the gen prize on the tourbi - more than 93k$ that is a lot of $

but i like the simplicity of the layout and design - nice size - look at the depth of the date window

gp.jpg

I have owned one in the past. They are great tool watches. It does wear big although not particularly more than say a 187. The one thing I would caution you on is that you have to buy them cheap because they are very difficult to resell. Generally, GP is a truly under-appreciated brand. I lump it in the same category as Jaeger - great brand with in-house movements but very difficult to move if you want to resell. New I think these are $8-9k. Used people were always asking around $4-5k but I think you have to buy it even cheaper than that.

I owned one about 4 years ago and that one ended up in my hands via a trade. IMHO, the watch is a great piece and is certainly an eye catcher. Here are a few point from my memory.

1. the bracelet is not up to the quality/craftmanship of the watch and was a bit of a let down. The rubber wasa better alternative

2. also on the bracelet the watch was a bit top heavy and, for me, not too comfortable to wear

Unfortunately, it didn't stay too long with me, but I can say this the watch is QUALITY. So much that I never felt too comfortable wearing around anywhere. Especially, if I was headed to a bar/club/party/etc. Hope that helps a bit.

• 1 month later...

And now I OWN ONE.

PRO II on Brown Leather. I like this leather version much more as the case is and bezel indices are polished providing a nice contrast.. probably the same reason i like the PAM192 so much after all these years so much so that i never have had any other luminors except daylights and power reserve/gmts with bezel engravings.

quality, value, and GENUINE.

thanks!

will post pics later... like side by sides w/ 44mm PAM

..... like a need another watch :bangin:

Quick cell phone pics from my office w. Panerai 188

Please note: GP is 20mm + thick. this thing is thick!

The crystal is unlike any other gen I own. It surpasses even the best CT crystals which i previously thought blew any gen away!

(this is also additionally surprising because the crystal is SO thick as well)

LUME = torch. Surpasses any Panerai or Omega PO I have. You can see on the right side of the GP where the lume is bursting to glow in the shade of the rehault!

It fits V E R Y comfortably on the wrist, and is lighter IMO than the pam 192 TI or a GEN Breitling CA Ti, it feels like nothing practically.

oh yeah... TWO HE Valves. WHY you ask? GP's response.. because 'We can and NO one else does'.

post-1967-0-55292500-1291405438.jpg

post-1967-0-05869100-1291405433.jpg