When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Panerai Daylight (251) from Replicamake

AllergyDoc

Replicamake is a dealer on RWI and RWG. His price was $328.

Just got in today. I think it's been reviewed already, so I'll be brief.

I unwrapped the watch and the case back fell off. Checked the gasket and found it greased, tightened the case back down. Supposed to be good to 50 meters now. I think I'll swim with my $88 Sub, though.

My overall impression is that it is very well made. The 316F steel looks like the others, but I haven't had a chance to give the bracelet the bike lube treatment yet, which really cleans and shines the steel. Lume is very good for a rep. I'll give it the all-night test tonight.

Some pics:

5080244220_d1f243e542_o.jpg

5080244156_75aa784e97_o.jpg

As I was posting this pic I noticed the loose CG and tightened it up.

5079595601_f9e8f9d974_o.jpg

5080189850_47519eecf5_o.jpg

Button that advances the date. It works, too.

5080189758_fb31e123e2_o.jpg

5079595485_fe0400a91c_o.jpg

You'll be seeing this one in the wrist-check threads!

5079650703_ff6e3bb463_o.jpg

What is it with the casebacks falling off??? This is the third one I've heard about, two from Cartel.

As you probably know, he offers free "waterproofing" and testing for watches that cost more than $150 (I think). Whoever does the "waterproofing" isn't screwing the casebacks back on, apparently. I always check them nowadays anyway.

Still, a great watch.

As you probably know, he offers free "waterproofing" and testing for watches that cost more than $150 (I think). Whoever does the "waterproofing" isn't screwing the casebacks back on, apparently. I always check them nowadays anyway.

Still, a great watch.

That's what I thought, but this has happened from two different dealers, or are they both using the same guy for waterproofing :D

Just had a thought, since the caseback was loose that means that it obviously was not waterproof tested. I mean every time the case back is opened, it would have to be re-greased and closed securely before it could pass the test, no? Now since there are at least two dealers who have claimed water testing along with other examinations, that have sent these models with loose casebacks, is it not safe to say that anything else they may claim to do should probably be taken with a grain of salt :D

My PAM236 also came like that from Andrew (Trusty), the caseback was unscrewed and holding to the case by it's last bit of thread.

The only explanation I have for this is that the QC person opens them to adjust the timing and bit rate, at least that's what Andrew told me they're supposed to do. He may have gotten sidetracked and didn't screw it up after the last adjustment, who knows. The watch is holding at +/- 10sec/day so the QC guy must have done that bit right at least.

Just had a thought, since the caseback was loose that means that it obviously was not waterproof tested. I mean every time the case back is opened, it would have to be re-greased and closed securely before it could pass the test, no? Now since there are at least two dealers who have claimed water testing along with other examinations, that have sent these models with loose casebacks, is it not safe to say that anything else they may claim to do should probably be taken with a grain of salt :D

Thank was my thinking as well. His site says they test it to make sure it's water resistant but... It shouldn't have arrived with a loose case back. Likely someone just got lazy.