When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Yet Another Datejust "Franken Lite"

jmb

Automatico is da man. A veritable encyclopaedia of Rolex trivia, or should I say information. I love it. Everything I wanted to know about my project. So if I can't fit an acrylic crystal then I can still drill the lugs and be ok. I'm good with that.

Automatico - Do you know what size the drilling is for the small tips of a gen DJ springbar? That is the only other piece of info that I need for now. Or...if I mic the tip, how much larger should the drilling be than the tip of the springbar?

Thanks to all, very much. There's nothing like this place when you're working on something.

Edited by preacher62

I figured I should break out of the Tudor "rut" and build up a Rolex so I started looking for a suitable gen dial. Didn't want any gold, or diamonds, or anything else blingy, just wanted a nice light colored classy looking dial. I finally was lucky to snag this one off flea-Bay at a reasonable price. As far as I can tell it's an exact match in coloration and texture to my gen Tudor Prince Oysterdate!

Mated to the gen dial is an ETA 2836-2 with the remainder being rep parts. The crystal is a Clarks and the bezel is an extra "" piece developed for a recent bad-a$$ Space Dweller project! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Not very many pictures as we have all seen tons of DJs before but just enough for y'all to get the general idea. This will probably be the last piece I build for myself for quite some time.

Datejust 1.JPG

Datejust 2.JPG

Datejust 3.JPG

Datejust 4.JPG

Justin, what was the number of Clark Crystal that you used here?

M