When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

for the guys who waiting for the Super crown....

t

... i have pass this project :wounded1:

i will not produce a new crown with deeper dish and accepting 1.2mm stem

this crown would need a new crown tube and everyone would need to drill a bigger hole in their case to accepting the extra tube...

this woud be to much work and to expensive if a modder would do this...

sorry but the rep case is totaly different from the gen case.... therefore is it not possile to produce a SUPER crown to fit the rep case

As far as I am aware the only exception to that would be the JF case set ?

What about WMs 1:1 project?

Is there not an option there?

T,

In this case can you please bring back your classic non spring loaded crown design with deep dish? If you can produce those crowns without over-polished teeth same way you did with SLT48 it will be a winner for everyone. I think 1.2mm is the one everyone is looking for.

In my humble opinion the spring loading mechanism is nice but is not necessary in the rep game. If you cut the stem right, use gaskets and have a good CG - spring loaded or not you'll have a good seal and vice versa if your other parts are not up to par, spring loaded crown is not going to save you.

It's nice on paper but creates many difficulties for both the manufacturer and user.

T,

In this case can you please bring back your classic non spring loaded crown design with deep dish? If you can produce those crowns without over-polished teeth same way you did with SLT48 it will be a winner for everyone. I think 1.2mm is the one everyone is looking for.

In my humble opinion the spring loading mechanism is nice but is not necessary in the rep game. If you cut the stem right, use gaskets and have a good CG - spring loaded or not you'll have a good seal and vice versa if your other parts are not up to par, spring loaded crown is not going to save you.

It's nice on paper but creates many difficulties for both the manufacturer and user.

+100,000,000,000,000,000 and thats alot! :pardon: You have guy's waiting for them to come up on the second hand market lately. I have always used the original and will remain that way! Thanks T!

No, B, the 1.2 tap has been out of stock for about a year. :(

Has he got the "hidden stash" somewhere then, I sure got 2 few weeks ago, plus another 2 some 3-4 months ago.

All sorts - PVD, Ti and SS...mind you I haven't ordered an S/S in 1.2mm for a while...

:)

The .9 tap ones are readily available in classic non-springloaded, the whole lineup Ti, PVD, SS. The MIA one is the 1.2mm tap.

I'll sell you my PVD and Ti crowns in 1.2mm tap I got recently, if you need one...for a good price ;)

Have you actually checked with Tourby? In my recent conversation with him he had plenty of 1.2mm crowns available. I asked for Ti and PVD ones and received them. I couldn't care less for his old S/S ones due to issues with bevel and over polishing of teeth.

I'll sell you my PVD and Ti crowns in 1.2mm tap I got recently, if you need one...for a good price ;)

Have you actually checked with Tourby? In my recent conversation with him he had plenty of 1.2mm crowns available. I asked for Ti and PVD ones and received them. I couldn't care less for his old S/S ones due to issues with bevel and over polishing of teeth.

Thanks for the generous offer, B. I'd like to see if the classic crown is going to happen using the new mfg. process with no overpolishing. Yes, I checked with T about a month or so ago and there's actually an ongoing update in his "T's Genuine Watch Movements" section on RG where he's stating repeatedly since Dec. 2009 that 1.2mm tap T48 in stainless steel is sold out.

Can an adaptor still be used to change 0.9 to 1.2?

No, there's not enough room for adapter when using ETA6497 or its clones, you actually need a custom stem re-threaded down from 1.2mm to 0.9mm

there's actually an ongoing update in his "T's Genuine Watch Movements" section on RG where he's stating repeatedly since Dec. 2009 that 1.2mm tap T48 in stainless steel is sold out.

Wolfie...I wasn't talking about S/S only. Again, 1.2mm tap is still available in Ti and PVD.

It's like two kids in the playground... :yawn:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...