When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New submariner rep

pybu15

Hello,

I just received a watch from andrew. I decided to go for the cheap 21j movement, which is known for being tricky. Shame on me. I received the watch and the big needle does not want to pass 7 oclock. It is stuck. Is there any simple fix that you might know for this?

Thanks a lot. <_<

Uncase the movement and remove the hands then reset them.

Or send it back to your dealer for exchange or fix.

Where are you located?

Take a picture and post it. Perhaps the marker at & is not set properly.

I tried to force it a little bit and now the minutes needle is not moving anymore and the set time function operates only the hour. I guess I will ship it back as I don't have your skills to fix the needles. Thanks. Located in EU.

PYB.

I tried to force it a little bit and now the minutes needle is not moving anymore and the set time function operates only the hour. I guess I will ship it back as I don't have your skills to fix the needles. Thanks. Located in EU.

PYB.

Yep...The minute hand was set improperly and it hits the 7:00 marker. By forcing it, you actually unseated the minute hand from the minute pinion. I'll bet the pinion still moves, but the hand is no longer tight on the pinion, so it doesn't.

It's actually a pretty easy fix if you know how to uncase the movement, but if not, send it back.