When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Daytona Bezel

Broker1981

Where did you send it? Back to Josh? I doubt the movement would be serviced even if they said it was done... Send it to a local watchmaker, but they may not want to touch that modified movement. Any watchsmith can repress that bezel on for you properly.

Where are you located? Maybe one of the members here can help you out. You want to find someone who can service it with graphite. Its the ONLY procedure that has proven to actually work on those movements.

Where did you send it? Back to Josh? I doubt the movement would be serviced even if they said it was done... Send it to a local watchmaker, but they may not want to touch that modified movement. Any watchsmith can repress that bezel on for you properly.

Where are you located? Maybe one of the members here can help you out. You want to find someone who can service it with graphite. Its the ONLY procedure that has proven to actually work on those movements.

Ok, let's do this chronologically.

1. I bought the Rolex Daytona FG /RG from Joshua in january. I was happy with it until the Bezel and crystal (they're stuck together) just fell off. I asked Domenico and he said it had to be production error.

2. I contacted Joshua, and asked him what could be done. He told me to send him the watch and he'd have it fixed. I live in Norway.

3. I also had a Breitling and a Sinn from Joshua. The Breitling had the glass broken by accident and it was missing a screw in the bracelet, and the clasp on the sinn was flawed upon arrival. We agreed to send all three watches back.

4. The production error on the rolex was going to be fixed. The glass and the bracelet on the Breitling was going to be fixed. The clasp on the Sinn was going to be fixed. All three watches was supposed to have their movements serviced and be waterproofed. This was agreed upon.

4. The glass in the Breitling is replaced, and the Sinn has a new clasp. I have no way of telling if the movements have been serviced, and i don't dare test if they have been waterproofed, but i highly doubt that this has been done as the crystal / bezel on the rolex hasn't been fixed.

5. I wasnt charged anything for this. Which i found astonishing. First i thought that this was one more story of incredible service from Joshua, but instead it's a story of things NOT being done! I asked them by e-mail if they were able to execute these services for me, and told them to come up with a price for the total service package. They said they would do this, and they have not delivered!

6. One could argue that i should be happy they fixed the glass in the breitling for free. It was undoubtedly my fault that it broke, but i am not. I cannot go to any local ad or watchmaker with these watches. I sent them on the 3rd of September and got them back on the 20th of October. Risking them being taken by customs in both countries. I would have gladly paid for the glass, service and waterproofing, instead i'm left here with two watches that i can't use as i'd like for lack of confirmed water proofing, and a rolex i can't wear because it looks fake enough for a 5 year old to tell with the bezel misplaced. It is worth mentioning that the misplacement is big enough to be eye-catching, and that if they had taken even a glance at the watch they would have noticed! The only thing i can really tell that they have done with the rolex is wrap it in plastic!

This S U C K S!!! :thumbdown:

Unfortunately this is what happens when you buy replica items from China, especially from big internet dealers. Theres threads all over this forum from people complaining that dealers arnt doing the "waterproofing" that was paid extra for. I would never send a watch back to China for a small flaw. I would only send it back if the movement was DOA or something because I have also sent watches back to find that nothing was fixed. Im sure someone here on the forum could help you with your bezel issue or at least point you in the right direction.

Well, this seriously makes me loose trust in Joshua as a so called trusted dealer.

Trusted dealers are supposed to deliver the products and services they advertise or promise. Especially when this has been agreed upon in writing. If i had been told that he couldn't provide the service, then i would have no problem accepting that, but this is just f... up!

Besides, regarding fixing the bezel... Your not really supposed to be able to pop the bezel and crystal off like the cap on a pill glass, are you? Domenico, who is a trusted watchsmith here didn't want to take the Rolex in for repair, because he says it has to be production error, and anything he does will be a temporary fix. Un-cool!