When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need CG for 127

Jawo

I picked up a DSN 127 a while back and I accidently dropped it on the floor. While the case and movement was fine, it put a small dent on the CG. I ordered one from DSN to replace it but when it arrived, it did not fit!! I thought it would be the same especially since I bought the watch from him. The screw holes did not line up correctly. Anyhow, I just ate the crow. I need a replacement CG and want to know if you guys have any suggestions for a dealer I can try. This watch has gotten zero wrist time since I am kinda anal about the dented CG. I don't know if I can perhaps fix it somehow with a dremel, sandpaper or something? Here are some pics. Thanks for the help guys.

127%20CG1.jpg

127%20CG2.jpg

I cant really tell extent of damage from the pics but it looks like a half circle ding to the left of the CG pin in the first pic. The second pic makes it look horrendous but I think thats the pic.

If its the half circle then yes you can salvage that using metal grit paper and scotch brite, it will make it presentable.

But given that watches get knocks and PreVs can look like they have been through a mangle, I think maybe you shouldnt worry too much about it for occasional wear while you sort it out :)

The key to rubbing is unidirection, and avoid the engraving till you have the ding out then finish off the whole CG with fine then scotchbrite. You will also need to rub the edge but to make it look gen you should do this anyway as the gen doesnt have a sharp edge plus side of CG again unidirectional. Do this against a hard straight edge to keep grains you form uniform.

Also by doing the ding you can get rid of the slopey pin hole and then flatten the pin and repolish.

I keep looking at this and the more I do the more I reckon this is easily fixable :)

I just looked at it and I think I will pass for $150. It doesn't look as good as some of the modded rep CG's here. I just need to know how to flatten the pin.

I didn't remember the price..just remembered that it was offered FS..I would pass it as well for 150USD :bangin:

I just looked at it and I think I will pass for $150. It doesn't look as good as some of the modded rep CG's here. I just need to know how to flatten the pin.

If you go to RG or WC Houndoggie does a How to on refinishing and flattening.

Just dont do the whole CG when your removing the ding, Only start on the face side in line with the edge of the CG rectangular opening otherwise you will rub of the REG TM.

HDs isnt a bad method and will help though you can use a variation if it feels better, practice your strokes on the back side of CG first just so you get a feel for it :)

If you want more advice just PM me mate, I will help if I can :)