When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

EU AR coating?

Mickey Padge

I have a Breitling ti chrono Avenger that really needs a new AR coat :)

I had Domi coat it, but it was a yellow/gold colour. very effective, but not accurate. So I has Taka AR coat it, but it came out green, again, effective, but not what I was looking for :p

Is there an EU coating service that can remove the crystal (from an empty watch case) and coat with a blue/purple AR coating, similar to Breitling and then refit the crystal? I could post worldwide I suppose, I would just send the case alone....

Domi gold AR:

dsc03385l.th.jpg

Taka green AR:

dsc03862b.th.jpg

Any ideas?

Cheers! B)

Honestly I would try contacting a dealer to get an ultimate crystal

But going for AR which Taka AR did you chose as he can do a faint blue, I know because I have one.;) I think Rex can give you the Ling AR look or certainly his AR use to. But if you contact FineDD direct he might be able to give you the look your after.

Have you asked TB? I think he can arrange it but not sure who he uses.

Or buy used and swap :)

Hi Pete, thanks for the info :)

Sorry, but who is FineDD, and TB? Do you have a forum link? I don't use repgeeks though ;)

When Taka coated the crystal I asked for blue, Breitling style, but it came out green. After a long email chat he offered to recoat the crystal, but he couldn't guarantee it would be blue, so I didn't bother....

Pretty sure no ultimate crystal will fit the old school ti Chrono Avenger :(

Cheers! B)

Hi Pete, thanks for the info :)

Sorry, but who is FineDD, and TB? Do you have a forum link? I don't use repgeeks though ;)

When Taka coated the crystal I asked for blue, Breitling style, but it came out green. After a long email chat he offered to recoat the crystal, but he couldn't guarantee it would be blue, so I didn't bother....

Pretty sure no ultimate crystal will fit the old school ti Chrono Avenger :(

Cheers! B)

PM sent mate :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Thanks! :)

His AR was fantastic, but damn, he had a couple of my watches when he disappeared, but by now I forget what they were now! :lol:

I will see if FineDD can help B)

FineDD=Domi AR ;) no blue AR ...

FineDD=Domi AR ;) no blue AR ...

Domi only gets it from FineDD so thats why it might be worth asking DD direct as he has a seperate section for his services :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Generally though when domi gets it done it yellow on sapphire and blue on mineral

Domi only gets it from FineDD so thats why it might be worth asking DD direct as he has a seperate section for his services :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Generally though when domi gets it done it yellow on sapphire and blue on mineral

edit - good idea :)

Mickey, "South coast" doesn't sound close to London, otherwise I'd say pass the case off to me while I'm there this weekend. ;)

Hehe, yeah, Portsmouth is a good 60-70 miles away from London! :whistling:

FineDD is trying a few things out to get a Brietling style AR, he said he'd get back in touch when he has news :)