When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Short review on my brand new SOH chrono v2

cougaree

I have had my SOH chrono v2 for 3 days now. Wearing it for about just a day. These are my observations and comparisons with my SOH v2.

eb058af8.jpg

The issues:

1. The bezel insert maker at 6 (especially) is tilted.

2. The sapphire crystal is not evenly press onto the case.

3. The logo B is too close to Breitling text on the dial. This is a known issue.

Can we fix all these issues? We would need to source a better bezel insert, a gen dial, which I have no idea where to find. The crystal is not installed correctly, I think it's an individual flaw because on the two SOH v2 I have, only one also has this problem. I have to say the bezel insert with tilted marker is pretty annoying to me.

The positives:

1. The AR coating is nice. Nicer than SOH v2.

2. The lume dots on the dial is more like gen. Nice and centered.

3. The case has good finish feel.

4. The OR buckle is very nice.

In my opinion:

This watch can be a good base to be modded on if the parts are available. Maybe it's just me, but I don't like seeing brand new watch with uneven crystal issue. It cheapens the watch. Between this and SOH v2, although the SOHC has better finish, I think the SOH v2 is a better base overall for any modification work (except gen dw for SOH, which is hard to find). The SOH v2 also wears better on the wrist as well. Unfortunately it's no longer available anymore.

Mine doesn't appear to have any of the issues stated. I think the bezel on my pic has moved rather than being the insert and I'm told my 'B' is the proper spacing from the text.

I ended up with 2 of these, stupid mistake on my part! Both of them are exactly the same, neither has any of the issues.

Wonder if I was just real lucky?!

post-18919-0-27340500-1288448619.jpg

Sixx :bones: