When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Panerai 6154 and 6152-1

pete2528ca

So, on the Left is my Radiomir 6154. This started out its life as a Rolex/Panerai that

I traded from madcatlancelot that was originally from HK45CA. I wanted the watch but not the Rolex dial so I did a swap. I wanted to order from DSN again, but had issues in the past that have since been forgotten (see my review in his review section). I ordered a Radiomir Panerai dial from DSN and got it in about 8 business days. It was a fairly straight forward swap, but the Molinja does not have a release screw, but a pusher that is a pain in the ass. The keyless works buggered up, and I had to remove the hands and dial again, open up the works, and use the google machine to find a picture of the keyless works to rebuild it. It went back together and works now. Mind you it is a 30 year old movement, so it will have its issues. I did clean and lube it with some olive oil, so it should be fine now.

Because of the quality of that watch, I ordered (on the right) a 6152-1 from davidsen as well. I can't say I built the whole thing, but I did do a lot of the work on it.

Well, am I ever happy. The case is engraved, not etched. The dial is sweet. Genuine Swiss movement, and the fit and finish is fairly sound.

The only issue was the crown lever. It was super rough, looked like it was filed to fit and close against the crown, but it was never polished, so it closed poorly and bound, and the profile was changed. Because of this I decided to swap out the lever with one from an RXW Marina Militare. It was much thicker, so it needed quite a bit of sanding and polishing to make it fit. It is now tight inside the opening and it actually looks a lot better. The top of the lever, where you grab it to open it, is more like the genuine.

Eventually i'll get an Oki crown guard, but for now it works.

The gun is my Tikka M695 7MM Rem Mag in stainless synthetic. It loves to kill moose!

I am planning now to slowly accumulate the parts to build a proper vintage, this will be some time in the making, but am looking forward to it.

Just as an FYI, the DSN lever is recessed inside and fitted with tiny "O" rings.

The verdict. Very happy with the watches. Would I order parts from Davidsen again? You better believe it.

Pietro.

DSC05264.jpg

DSC05260.jpg

DSC05266.jpg

DSC05265.jpg

DSC05267.jpg

Great pics and great work Pete :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Although I am not a lover of the full vintagised look for my own wrist ..are you thinking of doing any vintagising at all to those or leaving them as is? I did try one slightly vintagised but I still couldnt get on with it personally.

I think the Okbaum CG is worth while as an addition but not worth it IMO if your going to keep that clean look :)

DSN has been doing some decent cases of late :)

Thanks for sharing :)