When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Shipping from HK to Canada ?

watchman73

Hi guys!

Next week I will be traveling to Hong Kong for a short stay, before going to Cambodia.

I want to order some nice rep to be delivered to my hotel so I can enjoy them during my trip, and ship them back to my place in Canada before leaving. I don't want get caught by custom on my way back. What would be the best carrier (price + time) ? What is the best way to get the package to my place ? Send as "GIFT" ? :whistling:

Thanks for your help! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

WM

How many are you talking about? I would take them home in my checked baggage. Possibly make up some backdated receipts to indicate that they were brought into the country to be worn by you. You probably won't have any problems at all, but if you come home and Canadian Customs decides to search your baggage, you can show the receipts that these were your own personal watches that you took with you. If I take multiple watches to Europe, which I do on occasion,, I always have a copy of the "receipts" or sales invoices. I have never been checked, but i have heard of some forum members who have. Of course this all depends on the number. I have taken as many as 4 with me in the past, but I don't believe the receipt thing would work if yo are trying to bring a dozen or more back with you.Also if you go through Cambodia customs, i feel sure a legitimate looking sales ticket would be sufficient to them.

ActuallyIi found out about this on a genuine Rolex forum about 10 years ago. Some member had traveled outside the USA with several very nice Rolex watches and was stopped in customs and asked for the sales receipts. At one time, the price of genuine Rolexes was much less in Hong Kong and some of the Caribbean islands. Folks would travel there and buy a watch and wear it back, ship the empty box and paperwork home.I suppose US customs got wise to the deals!!