When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How To: Reattach loose coronets on new style Rolex bracelet

P4GTR

I knew it would happen. There I was sitting in Denny's, having breakfast with my wife and our niece when I looked down at my new DSSD and saw that the coronet was completely gone from the buckle. That was a few weeks ago. I got around to putting another one on from my parts bin, and wanted to share this easy little fix. I recommend you pop that thing off before it pops itself off. Once it's gone, they are hard to get. Lets get poppin'. 8)

With the coronet removed, mine as well break out the scotchbrite pad and touch up your clasp if need be.

Heavily roughen/score a small area where you will reattach the crown, also the underside of the crown. Make sure the area is smaller than the crown so as to not leave any appearance of scratches.

The clasp needs to be reattached using the strongest possible bonding material. Short of actual welding, there's cold weld, a bonding compound by Permatex (JB Weld might yield similar success, however it is not what I used).

IMG_4978.jpg

Mix up a dab of this two-part compound and dab some on the rough spot you made on the clasp. Make sure not to use so much that it oozes out from underneath the crown when you press it back into place. Align the crown and press it firmly in place for a minute or two. Make sure you look at an example so you know how to place the crown, the edge of which should be hanging off of the lip of the clasp. Let the compound cure for 24 hours to achieve full strength.

There you have it. Still try not to molest the little crown anymore than necessary when disengaging the flip lock clasp, will yah?

IMG_4979.jpg