When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Are there seconds at 6 Daytonas without rehaut engraving?

sneed12

Are there seconds at 6 Daytonas without rehaut engraving? If I remember right they switched to seconds at 6 10+ years ago, but the rehaut engraving hasn't been around that long...

When Rolex switched from the Zenith El Premiro 400 movement, watch model 1652x to the in-house 4130 1165x models, the seconds went from 9 to 6. This happened around 2000/2001. I'm not entirely sure when the ROLEXROLEXROLEX rehaut engraving came on. My gen 116520 from 2007 has it, but I think it was a relatively new feature. I don't think it existed since the switch but I could be wrong.

Here is a D serial (2005.5 -> 2006.5) and I can't see the rehaut engraving - but its not the best picture

And it doesnt look like this has it either:

And another D serial http://market.watchprosite.com/show-forumpost/fi-712/pi-3719321/ti-595246/s-0/

This is in keeping with when the new blue parachrom hairspring came about, approx 2005. I'm guessing they added the rehaut engraving at the same time.