When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Fault with IWC Topgun, and spare parts required

tomomac33

Good Morning!

I currently have a good quality IWC Topgun Rep and have a problem with it, so Im here to see If A) its a common problem B)whats required to fix and C) can I get spare parts.

Basically the Crown wont screw down anymore – it was getting progressively worse (as if everytime I set the time there was less threads when I screwed the crown down). Now I have taken it to a watch maker and he has taken the crown off, he couldn’t see much of a problem but told me he needs to take the movement out, so hopefully this week I will have more info. Have anyone had this before?

Now, he did say to me – If I could get hold of the Crown, and the Barrel it would be beneficial, for a permanent fix, so any ideas where I can get this? I would also like a new “timer hand, or Chronograph hand, because when I received the watch, one of the “legs” on the signature Topgun plane was bent.

Any Help or advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Tom

Good Morning!

I currently have a good quality IWC Topgun Rep and have a problem with it, so Im here to see If A) its a common problem B)whats required to fix and C) can I get spare parts.

Basically the Crown wont screw down anymore – it was getting progressively worse (as if everytime I set the time there was less threads when I screwed the crown down). Now I have taken it to a watch maker and he has taken the crown off, he couldn’t see much of a problem but told me he needs to take the movement out, so hopefully this week I will have more info. Have anyone had this before?

Now, he did say to me – If I could get hold of the Crown, and the Barrel it would be beneficial, for a permanent fix, so any ideas where I can get this? I would also like a new “timer hand, or Chronograph hand, because when I received the watch, one of the “legs” on the signature Topgun plane was bent.

Any Help or advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Tom

Hi Tom

You might want to contact the dealer who sold you the watch, they often can provide you some spare parts like these. About the crown, you probably can get one easily from them, but best would be if you get a genuine crown and tube, then you wont have this problem anymore.

Concepta or Domi, might help you out on that.

Crown & tube stripping is a common problem on most reps regardless of type.

I spoke to Concepta about having a gen crown & tube fitted to my franken 3717 and he didn't have any spare parts, so I think you may struggle there.

I believe Domi can sometimes shorten the tube to remove the damaged threads. This will allow the crown to pick up the threads further back. This can only be done if there isn't too much damage & is only a temporary fix as eventually those threads will strip.

Buy a watchwinder specific for A7750 movement (Acetimer sell one & I hear they are quite good)and try to wear the watch as much as possible to keep it wound.