When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Chanel J12 Marine

seraphe

Generally not a fan of Chanel J12 series, this rep version of the J12 Marine with ceramic bracelet somehow intrigued me to give it a chance. I was still rather skeptical about the build and quality when I ordered it from Andrew (Trusty) since most of the photos do not show the curvature of the ceramic bezel. When it arrived, I was pleased to find the shape of the bezel true to the gen.

5162968416_39cac06bf5_b.jpg

I can't advocate it to be 1:1, but the overall built was fantastic!

5162968162_c2a2ff8138_b.jpg

Though this matte ceramic bracelet does not exists in the gen world, it is a clever improvision from the polished ceramic version used for regular J12. It looks like the rubber bracelet (not straps) of the Superleggera but the matte surface of the ceramic bracelet matches the matte ceramic case exactly. Not too bothered by its non-existence, I find this ceramic bracelet more comfortable than the rubber straps.

5162993124_6b9d7ed359_b.jpg

If there should be any flaw, I would say it's the wobbly unidirectional bezel. This can be an easy fix with some adjustment to the bezel spring beneath, but I'm not that bothered by it to risk dismantling the bezel.

5162993190_3a41f88f2f_b.jpg

Overall, I find the watch pleasing to the eyes... especially the dial, which is unlike the other J12. I find the weight and size comfortable to be worn with work shirts. Since this watch does not come with an option for ETA upgrade, only time will tell how well this Asian automatic movement performs.

• 3 months later...