When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Could anyone please scan in a A7753 date wheel? New 250 Date Wheels coming up.

BuyersRemorse

Sorry for opening a new thread, but I want to keep it here.

I would like to ask all of you, if anyone could scan in a A7753 date wheel so I have the exact measurements of it, plus the locations of the numbers?

My Idea would be to print ultra-thin 0,1mm thick aluminium foil overlay stickers, with the correct bold font.

I hope that there is still 0,1mm space left between dial and date wheel?

Anyway, I would like to start with the wheel itself, and then we will have to think about the font.

Edited by BuyersRemorse

I know I got one, but I'm scared opening the watch and disassembling the movement :-) I don't want to break anything.

Maybe I should get a broken one from somewhere?!?

All I am saying mate is given how new these are you aint going to find anyone who isnt in the same boat as you. So until these become more commonplace the best option is you get yours taken out and scan it yourself.

Just contact Domi send him the watch, he can give it the service it needs and during that send you back the DW for you to sort out what you need.

I tried experimenting a bit.

I know how to design those datewheels now.

All I would need is exact diameters, the font, and the spacing between dates (but this I will get that from the original 7753 DW).

This a first test of my new layouting skills. I know that the spacings between the letters are not yet right. That was just a small test.

post-26390-0-96610000-1289466490.png

Edited by BuyersRemorse

Just curious, once you have gotten the proper lay out and font what are you going to do with it? Source a new date wheel and print from scratch, create an overlay which has a whole other set of issues with fit and alignment or simply try and redo the one in yours? I will warn you that many people have tried and a very few have ever come up with a good solution other than sourcing date wheels and then reprinting. If the font is really off (I have never seen the rep one in the flesh) you might talk to one of the folks who make after market datewheels - Leo, Taka, etc. Otherwise I fear you are in for a whole lot of hassle. If the date window is not the exact same size as a gen 7753 I wouldn't spend the time. Based on the pictures I have seen the accuracy is somewhere in between the A7750 and a genuine 7753. If it troubles you that much you are probably better off sourcing a daylight with gen 7753 movement. But that is my 2 cents.It is coming from someone with a gen and 7753 frankens though. ;)

Just curious, once you have gotten the proper lay out and font what are you going to do with it? Source a new date wheel and print from scratch, create an overlay which has a whole other set of issues with fit and alignment or simply try and redo the one in yours? I will warn you that many people have tried and a very few have ever come up with a good solution other than sourcing date wheels and then reprinting. If the font is really off (I have never seen the rep one in the flesh) you might talk to one of the folks who make after market datewheels - Leo, Taka, etc. Otherwise I fear you are in for a whole lot of hassle. If the date window is not the exact same size as a gen 7753 I wouldn't spend the time. Based on the pictures I have seen the accuracy is somewhere in between the A7750 and a genuine 7753. If it troubles you that much you are probably better off sourcing a daylight with gen 7753 movement. But that is my 2 cents.It is coming from someone with a gen and 7753 frankens though. ;)

Hey Watchmeister, that you very much for you response.

My Idea was to produce thin 0.1mm thick foil overlays the the original DW. Do you think that there is enough space for this?

Another idea would be to mill 0,1 mm off the top of the original DW and put the overlay on it.

Otherwise I would have to CNC own Datewheels and print them ... that will raise production costs trementously though!

I don't own the rep so I have never seen the gap between the date wheel and the dial.I am betting it is fairly tight though. I don't think CNC'ing a datewheel is realistic. You might be able to remove the paint on the current one and put on a micro thin overlay. Be forewarned that many have tried and few succeeded on overlays. Making all the numbers look good and line up in the date window is way more difficult than it looks. Also coming up with the right material that looks good and is thin enough may be difficult. Remember that the datewheel has to have appearance of paint and a silk screened seind layer with the numbers. ;)