When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Dw Daytona Help

Heywood

I just picked up a DW Daytona from a forum member which is in need of some repairs. I'm planning on installing a new crystal, gen tube and crown, new pushers and a new movement. Herein lies my dilemna. I haven't removed the movement yet, but it appears to be one of the cheap asian 7750's with the autowind rotor and axle removed. From a cursory inspection this movement seems to be a cheap ass piece of crap and isn't worth overlhauling. I've read some of the posts on the board and found several movements mentioned as possible replacements. I was hoping I could get some feedback from some of the veteran DW owners along these lines. Thanks!

Not all DW Daytona's are the same. I've got lots of experience with DW's...just not the 7750 based model. Hopefully, you'll get some input from someone who can tell you if this is case is the same as either DW's VJ23 or VJ72 cases. Once you know that, your replacement options will become clear.

Edited by avitt