When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Popular watches featured in the Norwegian press

Smab

I recently have noticed quite a few norwegian "celebs" in the press and on tv, wearing some quite fancy watches. I was not aware of this until recently but quite a few of the popular brands, we see as reps here on the forum, is seen in norwegian magazines, tv shows etc. Interesting to know if any other norwegian rwg members have seen this and if you have spotted any reps, or are they all genuine?

Example 1:

Rema-king (Rema is a big norwegian grocery store food chain) Odd Reitan (a well known norwegian billionare) was on the cover of a norwegian business magazine last month, and on his arm unmistakebly an IWC Big Pilot 7 days, I am not sure if it was the 5002 or 5004. I have no doubt this was a gen, he is worth more than 1 billion USD.

Example 2: On the popular tv-show IDOL and X-Factor, the head judge, Jan Fredrik Karlsen has been spotted with several watches, one of them looks like a Big Pilot.

Example 3: Well known actor and movie director Axel Hennie on the tv-show SENKVELD, wearing what I belive was a chocolate Big Bang King rosegold. The watch was huge!

Example 4: Tour de France winner and well-known norwegian atlethe Tor Hushovd on the same show as above (last year I think), as far as I could tell, wearing a Breitling Bentley 6.75 with black dial (steel bracelet).

Example 5: the hoast of the same tv-show, Thomas Numme and Harald Rønneberg, both is now wearing what I belive to be Omega Planet Ocean 45mm. I think Harald had his PO also last year.

Example 6: well known stand-up comedian and tv-show entertainer, Kristian Valen. He has been wearing Graham and Hublot BB King in different occasions. Last I saw him on tv I think he was wearing a Breitling SA on a strap or another chronograph model, maybe BCE. He sure seems to be a fan of big watches.

Has anyone other examples as well? I think most of these are gens spotted, but it would sure be funny to spot a rep among all these well situated gentlemen:-)