When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need help finding a replacement for my ROO Safari

sagat1977

Hello,

About a half year ago I was in Thailand to compete in a Thaiboxing match and whilst in the MBK center I stumbled accross the infamous MBK rep dealer on the bottom floor. I was Seriously impressed with the quality of his reps and, in particular, the AP's caught my eye. Before long I was the owner of a new ROO Safari. Whilst waiting and choosing my rep I got chatting to a lovely american chap about the obvious quality differences in these reps and the ones on the other floors and he proceeded to tell me about the rep community and this website. Upon returning to England I had a quick delve into this website and thanked my lucky stars for stumbling accross MBK.

Well, this week my MUCH BELOVED ROO safari got stolen from the boxing gym and I'm looking for a replacement. Rather than spending more money on the same watch I figured it time for a change. I've been to look at a few AD and have quite fallen for the Rose Gold RO Chrono's. They appear slightly smaller and the rose gold has really caught my eye. My question is - Is there a good quality Rose Gold RO? Most off the posts appear to be about the ROO. There has been some mention of a new gold plating style similar to the PVD, used on the newer ROOs - is the same used on the ROs and what is the overal finish like?

If not a RO then I thought maybe a Don Ramon. What's the quality of these like? I do fancy something smaller but if the quality is better maybe I'll go for that.

Please help with my decision - i feel naked without my watch.