When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is it possible to modify the internal bezel on the Aquatimer?

Prsist

I would like to do 2 things if technically possible:

1. Convert the inner rotating bezel to a smooth rotation, similar to the vintage Rolex SD and Subs.

2. Convert the Bezel from uni-directional to bi-directional.

I'm thinking I should ask a watch repairman to see if they can do either.

I think Prist wants top remove the click from the aquatimer so that it would be bidirectional

That would be interesting given that the inner bezel is connected to the secondary crown. I suppose the implication would be that it is easier to accidentally turn the inner bezel when brushing the secondary crown up against something.

Not the gen IWC, Vintage Rolex Sea Dweller 1665.

You've lost me too 0_o...

I think perhaps you want to mod it to smooth bi-directional because that is your preference? But just in case, to clarify, the gen Slevin does click uni-directionally.

This is a very good rep btw. To make it gen-like all it really needs to is to have the inner parts of the clasp bead blasted (and the case to grow a mil :p). The gen AR has a stong blue hue.

You've lost me too 0_o...

I think perhaps you want to mod it to smooth bi-directional because that is your preference? But just in case, to clarify, the gen Slevin does click uni-directionally.

This is a very good rep btw. To make it gen-like all it really needs to is to have the inner parts of the clasp bead blasted (and the case to grow a mil :p). The gen AR has a stong blue hue.

I know it wouldnt be gen to alter the bezel but i am going for a functional need.