When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM 140

mas6002mi

I'd Like one to the best person capable of one would be Rollie if it was at all possible.

1058866644038_vista_1_g.jpg

There are a few Gold Luminor cases which would be a place to start, I have actually thought about this alot.

834-28710-thickbox.jpgb_1240478068796009177.jpg

5486-34810-large.jpg3843-31681-thickbox.jpg

You need a carbon fiber dial they are around just hard to come by, not massively expensive either, the trouble is the Reps are silver battoned and not gold,

1058866643929_dettaglio_3_g.jpg

or just plain like this

PANERAI-057-1.jpg

the other issue is they are for manual wind only so it would be missing the date.

and then finally the case back needs to be a solid one and gold, I reckon that would be near impossible

So in a nutshell you could make a fantasy version but that would be it. Shame really as It would make a nice change from the steel versions

ST4

you can spot plate the silver battoned numerals... that's pretty easy. The CG reshaping would remove the gold plating though... I guess you could rig a small plating tank out of a glass and let it sit for a long time to replate whatever material you filed off...

PeteM yep you got me there. I think its an age thing or just the PAM curse. But as mas6002 its a pretty special watch and there is something about it. I've seen 2 Gens and you really can't help but stare at them as they are really eye catching. The combo of carbon dial and bling out gold is a hit in my book. Try it you might like it.