When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is Tag Heuere Aqua Racer the most accurate rep?

ratpatrolteam01

I have been in the market for a new rep, and these were my candidates:

OM 45mm UPO

TH AquaRacer

TH Link

From looking at reviews/posts of people, it looks like the TH AquaRacer is the most accurate rep out of the box from those 3...

the Ultimate planet ocean looks like it needs double AR, (with recently no logo happy feet replacement required), anti-counterfeitting engravings, recessed date wheel window. (If anymore, please mention them). As for TH Link, the incorrect date font on the movement, and slightly misaligned 3 o'clock indicator are the problems.... And for the AquaRacer, it looks like only problem is the crooked/misaligned day/date wheel. And some darker color which could be fixed...

Is the TH Link the most accurate replica from this list? or overall? I have looked around and with a list of "fixes" that a rep needs to get, it looks like the TH AquaRacer and Link have the fewest amount...

1. TH AquaRacer

2. TH Link

3. OM UPO 45

Also what color (Black or blue) is the TH Reps more accurate in, the blue or the black? I'm assuming black because blue noted in reviews are always a bit more "violet" than the gens...

I don't know what the latest Rolex sub rep needs to have it accurate, but if anyone can pitch in that'd be great.

Oh and if anyone could answer this, how close is the Rolex Explorer I in terms of accuracy when compared to gen? (ETA2836 model).

If you guys have ANY other suggestions for models that are similar to these, and accurate as these, please let me know!

Thank you guys

Black Aquaracer chrono is very accurate to the gen. Blue is not. But rep blue is actually very nice looking watch... I'd still take the blue if I had to choose again.

Have you read this yet?

The non-chrono version (that red posted a picture of) has very inaccurate and unattractive blue version. For that model black is the only reasonable option.

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, I read it and that's where I got all my info from.

I'm wondering if they fixed the Link yet (Font I mean for the date wheel).

I am interested in the AquaRacer Chronograph.

I guess now, it's

TH Black AquaRacer Chronograph or

TH Black Link (non-brushed)

anyone recommend vendors for these?

I am also interested in the black AR chrono. How do we know the vendors are currently carrying the version that the experts on here have approved?

As far as I'm aware there isn't a chrono version of the new Aquaracer out yet. Think there are some junkers around, but nothing good yet to my knowledge.

I have the black Auaracer chrono from By-Tors review and I love mine, the build quality and finish is exceptional, apart from some minor bracelet edges to sort out. Got after market AR on mine, changes the piece completely I'm told, also have the day/date line up very well.

Tag Link is probably one of THE best repped watches out there, I have the blue version with mods done to it, AR, Relume and service by Zig and the date font is correct! The Bracelet is by far the best repped bracelet of any rep I own! They are so well made it's crazy!!

Couple of pics to help out!

post-18919-0-24488600-1292717108.jpg

post-18919-0-14610000-1292717061.jpg

post-18919-0-49091100-1292717135.jpg

Sixx :bones:

• 4 weeks later...

How is the Carrera (Black dial) VS the Link Tachymeter? are there obvious tells/differences between gen and rep?

i also heard that the movement on some Tags have same ETA movement as reps/cheaper swiss brands?

if anything (meaning if i'm not getting a gen Tissot, or some other similar gen watch) I'll probably get the black dial Tag Link or Carrera (Only because I heard and saw above :-P that the Link is one of the best repped watches out there)

i own a gen omega smp ATM, but I don't wear it much because it's my baby... I want to get a everyday wearable automatic watch (reason for looking at Tissot, if you have any other recommendations please give me!!! except thats kinda off topic), if I do decide on the Link or Carrera, I'm just afraid of getting called out by random person (although not likely to happen) that I'm wearing a fake...

Edited by ratpatrolteam01