When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sellita SW 220-1

preacher62

Received a rep DJ from Trevor about three weeks ago and in it was a brand new, shiny Sellita SW 220-1. I was kinda excited to see it. First one that I'd laid hands on. Invicta has been using them in some of their watches for two or three years, along with some other brands.

I have serviced it and all parts, bridges, screws, springs, etc. look identical. I didn't do any parts swaps or anything like that, but, it looks just like a gen 2836-2 with only the branding cartouche changed.

If I understand correctly Sellita was started by ex employees of ETA. I have corresponded with them regarding sales but have not reached an agreement on pricing. The people I have corresponded with don't speak English and only responded to me when I wrote them in French.

They are supposed to come out with a 2983-2 movement clone but I haven't heard back from them.

I heard that as well. I don't think that Sellita manufactures, but rather just assembles. If you look at the website it says this..."Sellita is an independent company specialized in assembling mechanical automatic watch movements." I like it because they are a recognized global distributor of watch movements, unlike the asian clone companies. One can actually contact Sellita but you cannot contact the asian manufacturers. Having said that, the a couple of the asian companies are turning out some really great movements. Problem is...if ETA parts fit, then good...if not then you can't get the part.