When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Please check these QC pics of my Pam250

mkong

Have a look at these..

first pic is of the one I rejected due to the lever

second is the new pic..i think the lever looks okay but now the lume looks funny..please advise..i dont know how the lume looks like on the gen..it seems that the second pic is overall a little brighter which maybe the reason i guess but im not an expert here..

post-27217-0-82491000-1291739013.jpg

post-27217-0-46474400-1291739032.jpg

Edited by mkong

Thats the updated version with chrome sub pins. So you have a new version which cant be bad

But if you look at he base of the CG lever its is pushing out further than the original. ( It could just be it wasnt pushed back in completely)

However you should not be put off by this!!!

Firstly its a rep you dont get perfect

Secondly it could be due to a number of reasons other than a problem with the lever itself.

These movements must be serviced for a variety of reasons and all of the ones being teared down are showing the same issues consistently, it is only a matter of time if you dont do it !!.

The fact some guys versions are not as bad as others is in the main due to the ORing in the crown being of varying sizes so the bigger ones push the lever out slightly.

There are other reasons eg fitting of CG on case etc

But if you want your watch to last and have confidence in it then getting it serviced will provide that and the service work will help eliminate the CG issue :thumbsupsmileyanim:

But I wonder why all these dealers talk about their QC and then still I get these pictures but the dealer didnt mention these things. I also noted the space between the lever end and the case but Mary didnt say a word about it. Do the dealers do any service as part of their QC or they just buy and then sell to us?

Thats the updated version with chrome sub pins. So you have a new version which cant be bad

But if you look at he base of the CG lever its is pushing out further than the original. ( It could just be it wasnt pushed back in completely)

However you should not be put off by this!!!

Firstly its a rep you dont get perfect

Secondly it could be due to a number of reasons other than a problem with the lever itself.

These movements must be serviced for a variety of reasons and all of the ones being teared down are showing the same issues consistently, it is only a matter of time if you dont do it !!.

The fact some guys versions are not as bad as others is in the main due to the ORing in the crown being of varying sizes so the bigger ones push the lever out slightly.

There are other reasons eg fitting of CG on case etc

But if you want your watch to last and have confidence in it then getting it serviced will provide that and the service work will help eliminate the CG issue :thumbsupsmileyanim:

But I wonder why all these dealers talk about their QC and then still I get these pictures but the dealer didnt mention these things. I also noted the space between the lever end and the case but Mary didnt say a word about it. Do the dealers do any service as part of their QC or they just buy and then sell to us?

Mate you need to lower your expectation of the reps we buy this aint the same a going into a shop etc. We are lucky (arguably spoilt) by the trusted dealers here.

These are trusted in so far as they wont scam you ;) The fact they sell these on the basis these are reps and arent perfect, you take the best you can get and make it better thats the game :)

Be happy with what Mary is giving you mate as for a service etc That just wont happen you could find GF that when you get it it wont work or wont reset or DW wont change etc etc It happens thats our world It aint perfect but our TDs will take it back if you send it and will replace it but you will pay for P&P etc so its cheaper to do the service it needs rather than bother going thru all that again, hopefully you understand what I am trying to say

This is rep QC not the QC we all understand as Western Consumers etc. What you have now from the dealers is night and day from how things use to be !! I remember my dad putting me on his knee and telling the old rep horror stories !!! ;) Or was it Don :) :) ??

Mate you need to lower your expectation of the reps we buy this aint the same a going into a shop etc. We are lucky (arguably spoilt) by the trusted dealers here.

These are trusted in so far as they wont scam you ;) The fact they sell these on the basis these are reps and arent perfect, you take the best you can get and make it better thats the game :)

Be happy with what Mary is giving you mate as for a service etc That just wont happen you could find GF that when you get it it wont work or wont reset or DW wont change etc etc It happens thats our world It aint perfect but our TDs will take it back if you send it and will replace it but you will pay for P&P etc so its cheaper to do the service it needs rather than bother going thru all that again, hopefully you understand what I am trying to say

This is rep QC not the QC we all understand as Western Consumers etc. What you have now from the dealers is night and day from how things use to be !! I remember my dad putting me on his knee and telling the old rep horror stories !!! ;) Or was it Don :) :) ??

Understood. So tell me about servicing. Whos the trusted person here and what kind of a charge would I be looking at?

Understood. So tell me about servicing. Whos the trusted person here and what kind of a charge would I be looking at?

Easier to tell me where you are mate then I can tell ou best options :)

PM me is best ;)