When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sub Bracelet Reference Numbers

jnkay

Since joining the forum, I learned that genunine oyster bracelets don't have the bracelet reference number (ex: 93250) engraved on the bracelent on the last link before the SEL. Now I'm not so sure anymore. I have read that some do and some don't, but I don't know what to believe at this point. I have seen one recent "gen" sub that does not have the number engraved, and another "gen" that does. I'm wondering if one of them isn't a gen....

Models prior to 2006 (D Serials) have the ref number stamped; F serials circa 2004 - 2005 would have the ref stamped, for instance. D serial on do not.

EDIT: Looked through some more of my notes on this... late '03 F serials have the stampings; later F's may be fitted with either stamped or unstamped, depending on date of manufacture, and how new old stock the piece is (i.e. how long it's sat in dealer's stock).

Thanks, Ubi, that's exactly what I was looking for. Is there an online source for this kind of stuff? I did asome searches but came up empty.

Background: I was looking at one sub that had an MA? marking stamped on the clasp, and no bracelet reference engraved on the bracelet, and another sub that has "AD 6" stamped and does have the bracelet ref. engraving. I'm also curious to know how old each is based upon this.....