When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Springloaded crown on the NEW Pam 111J?

klocklind1

I havent seen the latest one except on the dealers sites.

The gen does have SL Crown.

Plaifender - Basically the crown is placed under sprung pressure when the CG lever is closed and when you release the lever the crown is released from the sprung pressure. On the Gens its a way of creating the water proof seal and the whole reason for the CG design in the first place :)

If it uses the daylight crown it should be pretty good

Most of the best rep springloaded crowns have had far too much spring built into them compared to gens. While it may be cool to see them bounce open when you flick the lever, it's not how the gen works

The daylight opens with just a tough of pushback , just like gens

If it uses the daylight crown it should be pretty good

Most of the best rep springloaded crowns have had far too much spring built into them compared to gens. While it may be cool to see them bounce open when you flick the lever, it's not how the gen works

The daylight opens with just a tough of pushback , just like gens

Totally agree mate but dont you find that there is too much side movement still in the rep one.

The easier way I can describe it is if you use the CG lever to close the crown the rep moves inwards at the bottom first whereas the gen shuts in equally across the crown.

Hopefully I wont need anyone to translate that for everyone to understand!! Thats the problem with being English none of us can actually speak proper like what you yanks does!! ;):)

Totally agree mate but dont you find that there is too much side movement still in the rep one.

The easier way I can describe it is if you use the CG lever to close the crown the rep moves inwards at the bottom first whereas the gen shuts in equally across the crown.

Hopefully I wont need anyone to translate that for everyone to understand!! Thats the problem with being English none of us can actually speak proper like what you yanks does!! ;):)

Firstly pete, I think I get it. So the tube has a spring in it that pops the crown open when the lever is released?? Or the opposite: The lever has a spring pushing the crown closed when the lever is engaged?

Secondly, I'm not a yank! I'm from Atlanta GEORGIA, home of coca-cola, delta airlines, and CNN! we're southerners and not Northern Yanks! :whistling:

p.s. I get what you mean about the crown not pushing down evenly. This happens on my PAM253. Another weird thing is that when I pulll open the crown my dial moves slightly to the right... maybe my movement holder isn't well tightened. ????

Basically yes mate the crown has a slight release when the lever is opened basically breaking the WT seal of the case.

Here are some great links from our experts that will shed the best light on it :)

http://www.rwgforum....__1#entry848733

http://www.rwgforum....__1#entry847382

On your 253 your spot on :)

But as for Yanks......mate just cause your from the South...Your still a Yank !!! :p

But I will always remember The Alamo!! ;)

Basically yes mate the crown has a slight release when the lever is opened basically breaking the WT seal of the case.

Here are some great links from our experts that will shed the best light on it :)

http://www.rwgforum....__1#entry848733

http://www.rwgforum....__1#entry847382

On your 253 your spot on :)

But as for Yanks......mate just cause your from the South...Your still a Yank !!! :p

But I will always remember The Alamo!! ;)

spot on about the crown not closing evenly or the dial moving when pulling out the crown? or both?

p.s. the alamo!!??? I'm not from texas! The battle of the alamo was about independence of Texas from mexico! At which point, texas won, and became a Nation. It is the only state within the united states to have also been it's own country. :)

Just taking the mick mate :) I had an English education so I am not like your lot when it comes to history and geography !! (I also was lucky enough to visit San Antonio a few years back :) )

Please refer to link before you make a response

:p

"Spot On" was Re: the dial when pulling the crown

Just taking the mick mate :) I had an English education so I am not like your lot when it comes to history and geography !! (I also was lucky enough to visit San Antonio a few years back :) )

Please refer to link before you make a response

:p

"Spot On" was Re: the dial when pulling the crown

haha.. i'm embarassed.. Good thing I live in Spain....

Although, I doubt the average spaniard would do much better!! I'd love to conduct a street interview here in madrid with the same questions!

spot on about the crown not closing evenly or the dial moving when pulling out the crown? or both?

p.s. the alamo!!??? I'm not from texas! The battle of the alamo was about independence of Texas from mexico! At which point, texas won, and became a Nation. It is the only state within the united states to have also been it's own country. :)

Interesting discussion regarding the history of some US states. I recently came upon this info and was a bit surprised, but there were actually 3 US states that were their own republic. 1. Texas, 2. Vermont and 3. California. I thought I just throw that in there. :D

Vermont !!! Now that surprises me given its location etc

I can understand California and Texas from its history and location :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Now I have another thing to google !! ;)

Vermont !!! Now that surprises me given its location etc

I can understand California and Texas from its history and location :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Now I have another thing to google !! ;)

The only legitimate COUNTRY that was a state was Texas.. which had its own president and was recognized by both the U.S. and Mexico as a nation state.

Vermont, although a republic was never legitimized as it's inhabitants considered themselves Americans without congressional representation.

California's republic was never recognized by any other nation and thus, was never officially recognized as a country.

this leaves Texas as the only authentic sovereign nation, to have been incorporated into the United States.