When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Daytona 116509 Black Dial

kevin300z

Hi guys, haven't been around in awhile. I would like to add a Rolex Daytona 116509 Black Dial or White, to my collection and would like to know who has the best rep? I heard there are issues with these watches and the movements, any light on that subject as well? Thanks.

rolex-daytona-116509BK_LRG.jpg

116509D_20071206_01.jpg

Edited by kevin300z

There are numerous posts regarding the inherent design problems (& remedy) relating to seconds @ 6 7750-powered watches (this being 1 of them) that you can locate via the search. Aside from that, the salient issue with 116509 is its incorrect (too large) index markers at 3, 6 & 9. The inner flange around the dial is also too deep as is the caseback, but these are relatively minor inaccuracies compared to the index markers (which I corrected on my silver dialed version)

triumph1165090042__-2_tonemapped1.jpg

There was no change made to "improve" the models daytona with seconds at 6 o'clock?

I would buy the Model 116520 white dial, but indeed has many problems?

You recommend the purchase or not?

I read the posts By-Tor and Freddy333 and I will try to buy for the first time a Daytona.

Thank you.