When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM232 versus PAM294

unregistered

I've made no small secret my love of the 232 and its more recent evolution the 294.

Well now, thanks to PSoC (Hixxy) I have my 294! :clap:

He's done amazing work on a Vacclumed 232. Some of which included shortening the crown tube and the lugs. Two of the biggest tells on the DSN/Cartel franken 232 most people get (you can read the review here). On top of which, he's added a low distortion plexi ala the 294 to make this a pseudo 294 (gen has a display caseback and engravings between the lugs). Right now I couldn't be happier.

232 on the left, 294 on the right unless otherwise stated, though it should be obvious. My 232 was one I built very long ago and had been upgraded once when DSN came out with a better dial (you can read that review here).

IMG_4736.jpg

IMG_4738.jpg

IMG_4740.jpg

IMG_4739.jpg

IMG_4742.jpg

Now some alone shots of the pseudo 294

IMG_4751.jpg

IMG_4750.jpg

IMG_4752.jpg

Wristie

IMG_4753.jpg

Here is something you guys should like, DSN stock dial and hands on the left, Vacclumed dial and hands on the right;

P1020270.gif

2sec exposure, 2.5mins in between shots

In person, the DSN glows a smidgen brighter and a little more aqueous. We know this dial of his really burns, you can see it right in the middle next to the gen MM20

P1020220.jpg

Though its a fantasy right now, this is perfect for me and as such you know the 232 is going up for sale soon. The watch actually wears a slight bit smaller now as the plexi makes the dial visually look smaller, interesting change to note. Also, there are minute differences between the two dials, with the 294 dial having a mildly thinner top plate but thinner cutouts and the 232 having thicker cutouts. Uncharged lume color is whiter on the 294 as well. Text printing is mildly different with the 232 slightly sharper.

Merry Xmas everyone!