When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I Have A New Girlfriend.......

tonton2000

few days ago i was looking at it in the album (joshua's or andrew's- don't remember) and i tought that it would be a nice rep to have...but on the wishlist there are many of them to buy before this...

whatever, it is a nice rep!

wear it well...

I think it just sits really well on the wrist.

I was a bit worried about the size, as im used to PAMs, but it is actually fine, and feels alot better than the Navitimer i had and then sold because it was too small.

I cant find a flaw bar the datewheel. Even the band has screws on every link like the original.

With a new datewheel, this would be pretty much 1:1, and all it would need then would be a decorated ETA 2893-A2 (what cartier call their Caliber 049) which you would never see anyway as it has a solid back.

I think it just sits really well on the wrist.

I was a bit worried about the size, as im used to PAMs, but it is actually fine, and feels alot better than the Navitimer i had and then sold because it was too small.

I cant find a flaw bar the datewheel. Even the band has screws on every link like the original.

With a new datewheel, this would be pretty much 1:1, and all it would need then would be a decorated ETA 2893-A2 (what cartier call their Caliber 049) which you would never see anyway as it has a solid back.

Just keep in mind that Cartier does use a custom date *font*. So simply going to a black date wheel with ETA's standard font won't be a match, although it'll be an improvement. But, I've never seen an accurate Cartier replica datewheel... I happen to really like the Roadster and have had that rep for about 3 years. The Roadster rep at that time was fantastic, it is 1:1, but it too has the wrong date font. I don't care. Oh and by the way, 1:1 refers to the physical dimensions - for what it's worth.

Tonton how's the overall quality? Does it feel like a gen?

In all honesty, yes it does!

You have to actually have it in your hand to really appreciate the look and feel of it, but the dealers could have easily charged double the price and called it a "1:1 perfect" rep and i'd have still been happy.