When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

1665 build list

simonporsche

Hi all,

I know this subject causes some debate but I've done research and boy is it a mine field, I put it down to the gens themselves being built and changed alot years ago, so from what I can tell even a gen that has service parts added and replaced over the years can be a bit confusing. My point is that I'm interested in putting together my first vintage rolex and like the 1665 drsd, I've come to the conclusion that I'm wasting my money buying an out of the box watch as there's to many flaws so I'm after an MBW case set to start with and over time I want to add to it, but I'm having trouble finding a source. Can someone point me the way?

Simon.

I think most of trusted dealers can sale the case you want... If you got a large budget, a fellow repgeek member got a great 1665 still for sale here : 1665 on RG

That certainly is a nice 1665, but wouldn't mind going through the build as a bit of an interesting journey.Which trusted dealer would you recommend?

An MBW case will be hard to find right now and apparently the store in MBK is temp closed.

The PT 1665 isn't the same quality as the MBW. There's a few members here that will have access to them fairly soon. Keep your eyes open for a used one in the sales section in the mean time. They are worth about $200 is you can find one.

dizz

An MBW case will be hard to find right now and apparently the store in MBK is temp closed.

The PT 1665 isn't the same quality as the MBW. There's a few members here that will have access to them fairly soon. Keep your eyes open for a used one in the sales section in the mean time. They are worth about $200 is you can find one.

dizz

I thought that to be the case, thanks for clearing that up for me. I think it's worth waiting for as the next choice is yuki, but the price is crazy for the amount of flaws people have pointed out compaired to MBW.

The yuki case isnt too bad. Any case you get will need some mods to make it right.

If you are keeping the ETA movement, then the MBW is just fine. If you are wanting to use a gen Rolex movement then go with the Yuki because its built to take a the gen 15xx rolex motor.