When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

From ) to £31,000 in 10.8 seconds - Milsub 5517 this time takes to the skies

Mapman57

I am not posting this to question authenticity.

It is just the audacity to post for sale a watch of this rarity and potential value with 'out of focus polaroid(?) shots', a succesful sales history of selling 'warhammer gameware' and a lovely little anecdotal 'cut and paste' memorandum from dad (who is reportedly stuck in 'the jungle' somewhere?).

......and we worry about the credence of some sellers sales posts here.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Rolex-Rare-Submariner-Watch-/120664803401?pt=UK_Jewellery_Watches_VintageFineJewellery_CA&hash=item1c182ec849

There seems to be more money than sense in some collectors circles these days.

Its interesting to see some form of bracelet, on a fixed lug milsub case................

Some of these seem to have been retrofitted with bracelets (i.e major modifications of the case ergo massive loss of genuineness every collector with some sense would be interested in).

I don't know why anybody would bid on this without proper pictures (it might very well be genuine), his stories on the other hand (watchmaker, dad etc.) sound pretty thrilling and immensely add to the value of the watch, of course... ;):black_eye: