When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help! Looking for trusty, professional modders in Asia!

ca12bon

Hey folks, just got my Breitling Steelfish rep a couple of weeks ago and just instantly fell in love with it. I still stare at it from time to time and it brings a smile on my face..... that is until I see the crappy lume job done on 4 areas of the dial (see pic).

Anyways, long story short I want a re-lume on those areas, as well as an AR-coating, if possible. Are there any reputable modders? I don't really care about the AR coating since the current coating is absolutely stunning, but I really, really need a re-lume.

Thanks for helping a noob out!!

-Jung

post-31991-0-06917200-1295693882.jpg

Goin6633 is located in Taiwan and does quite a bit of lume jobs. His specialty is Pams.. but I think he can do pretty much anything.

Takashi is located in Singapore and is known as Taka or 2geek. He conducts business through his website: http://2geek.net/index.php

Never used either, but I know of them :)and seen their results

The problem with the steelfish and other breitlings is that the crystal cannot be removed very easily. The bezel is next to impossible to remove and since the rider tabs block the crystal from coming out easily it can be quite a pain especially if you have no experience working with watches.

Member Nakortheblue has removed his Steelfish crystal successfully by bending up the rider tabs (at 3,6,9 & 12) and was able to press out the crystal that way. It's risky but this proves that it can be done.

Hope this helps!

Goin6633 is located in Taiwan and does quite a bit of lume jobs. His specialty is Pams.. but I think he can do pretty much anything.

Takashi is located in Singapore and is known as Taka or 2geek. He conducts business through his website: http://2geek.net/index.php

Never used either, but I know of them :)and seen their results

The problem with the steelfish and other breitlings is that the crystal cannot be removed very easily. The bezel is next to impossible to remove and since the rider tabs block the crystal from coming out easily it can be quite a pain especially if you have no experience working with watches.

Member Nakortheblue has removed his Steelfish crystal successfully by bending up the rider tabs (at 3,6,9 & 12) and was able to press out the crystal that way. It's risky but this proves that it can be done.

Hope this helps!

Gracias, señor, usted es un caballero y un erudito!

Don't know if that's correct lol.. but yeah, I really appreciate it ^^

I've used goin6633 twice for non-Panerai lume jobs and some other mods (fitting a plexi crystal on the Hanhart, matting the Explorer dial). I don't think he does AR, but I'm very happy with the work he did for me.

FYI: The Hanhart used to have greenish lume, while the 1016 dial had yellow lume.

903312551_qppQh-L.jpg

1001800803_qtgWa-L.jpg