When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP ROO - AR mod or not?

andyc2

He aint doing work anymore mate...

If its AR for an AP you are after then wait out for Ryans AR cystal run for APs it almost perfected colourless...shouldnt be long mate.. he has done a few alreadyt that look very good but he wanyts better :)

AP gens dont have AR ...its all about the crytsal quality... not AR mate... we just need to do it because rep crystals are flawed :)

Aaaa Ok, Tnx for the info.   But as i understand that is one way to get that little more gen look, or i am all wrong?

He aint doing work anymore mate...

If its AR for an AP you are after then wait out for Ryans AR cystal run for APs it almost perfected colourless...shouldnt be long mate.. he has done a few alreadyt that look very good but he wanyts better :)

AP gens dont have AR ...its all about the crytsal quality... not AR mate... we just need to do it because rep crystals are flawed :)

I'm not sure why there are so many people repeating this over and over. I want to state once and for all, there is AR coating on the gen glass. I know this because customers bring in their gen watches to get the AR removed after it is scratched...... can't really scratch an AR coating if it isn't there no? The coating is very very thin though which is why many people who do gen vs rep comparisons think that there isn't any on there.

I say it mate because on the AP ROOs that I have had there has been no AR...and if you look at the specs on the AP site and elsewhere you will see the ROOs do not have AR...

A thin coating or  thick coating of AR has nothing to do with whether it will scratch.... or will scratch easily.... the hardness of the AR whether thick or thin is is about the frequency and temperature of the baking time and the coating method used.... simply making that statement makes me doubt the veracity of everything else stated...

There is also somewhere a very indepth article regarding the production of crystals for AP and RM that discusses why their crystals are specifically chosen and grown to avoid the use of AR...

So I am not sure quiet why you would say that about ROOs mate... I am not basing my comments on simply regurgatated comments on here...