When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How to remove Grand Carrera bezel?

importr

My friend recently gave me his GC Caliper Chrono to Fix - the a7750 version.

Its not my cup of tea, but is still a superbly executed rep. the finish and AR is very gen like.

Unfortunately the hour hand dropped a little, catching on the 'caliper' detail applied to the dial.

As most will know, this is a very easy fix, but only if you can get the movt and dial out!

The GC's dial & movt is fitted from the front, then the bezel and crystal are machine pressed on.

These are proving impossible for me to remove. I only have an AF resin bezel remover and it only works

on rotating diver bezels.

Any ideas?

thanks

Hi importr,

I had to remove the bezel off my GC a while ago. I don't have any proper tools to do that, so I resorted to a screwdriver, wedging its head in the gap between bezel and case, and prying the screwdriver against one of the lugs as the lever point. In order to avoid damage to the lug, I used a thick fabric to protect its surface. The bezel came off pretty easily.

Hi AA

Thanks for that, I did consider trying that technique, but since the watch isnt mine, i didnt want to mark the case! If it comes off easily then i presume a normal crystal press should get it back on ok.

I'll contact the owner and see what he want s me to do....

cheers