When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

6263 crown

marcoxxx1984

I would have some concerns and reservations over an actual 6263 fitted with a 6mm Twinlock. 7mm Twinlock (24-700) is acceptable, however...

You could in theory have a 6239 retrofitted with an Oyster replacement dial; it would also be possible for screw down pushers and 7mm Twin/Triplock crown to be fitted as well during service to replace the old pump pushers and 6mm crown. However, such an upgrade would likely involve both crown and pushers to ensure water resistance; I do not believe that an RSC would do one without the other if performing this kind of service change. In addition, I doubt that anyone would retrofit a 6mm Twinlock to replace an originally fitted 7mm crown on an Oyster (i.e. 6263, 6265 etc)...

Hi Freddy:

Thank you for your explain and photo.

Could you mind to show me the photo of 700 Twinlocks case tube.

Because I don't have idea how does it look like.

I think they are different with Triplock case tube.

700 crown is it also using in 6536, 5512 and 5508?

Thank you so much.

Ditto Ubi. The earliest 6263s were fitted with 700 Twinlocks. Later, the factory fitted 702 Triplocks. Today, Rolex installs 703 (or 704, which look the same as a 703) Triplocks during servicing

crowns0021.jpg

Could you mind to show me the photo of 700 Twinlocks case tube.

700 crown is it also using in 6536, 5512 and 5508?

The 5512 was originally fitted with a 7mm 700 Twinlock, however the other 2 use 6mm 6xx series Twinlocks (single line below the coronet).

700 Twinlock uses a 7000 tube (smaller diameter gasket fits into (crown) end of tube, larger diameter gasket fits into underside of crown)

post-3175-0-95568600-1296239889.jpg