When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DSSD Ultimate - what are the flaws?

kramerica2

Hey,

I know my way around Omega and Breitling reps. Can spot the flaws pretty easily, and tell a good from a bad rep.

When it comes to Rolex, the nitpicking seems to be a bit tighter, and after a lot of searching, I still couldn't find what are the flaws compared to a gen in the ultimate DSSD version.

Could someone point them out, or give me a link to a review that mentions them?

Thanks a lot.

The three available high quality DSSD replicas each have their own tiny flaws, and choosing one is more a matter of preference than the severity of an individual watches' tells.

The Cartel / BK / Noobfactory version 5 "Ultimate" (also known as the v3)

Simply put, this dial has fat, fat markers. Fat. The bezel insert's white triangle follows the curve of the insert. too curved.

The TrevorTime (Eurotimez) 2010 v5

This pearl has no clear dome. Dial markers are too thin but some people find this very pleasing to the eye. The HEV proportions are not as good as the Noobfactory watch. The white triangle in the bezel insert has no curve at all. edit: the bezel insert is a little tall, and needs to be sanded a mm or.two to sit down inside the bezel as it should.

The MBK DSSD v6 (only recently widely-available but reported here a year ago by a member visiting MBK)

There are no hands-on reviews of this watch yet. It looks very good indeed, tho. Good pearl dome, the hour markers thickness falls between the thin v5 and the super fatty Noobfactory markers. It's case back is a step-pyramid design unfortunately, which is a step backwards, since the current dominant DSSD models corrected this to the correct conical shape over a year ago. The date window is the correct stepped design, and not a plain bevel ... if the dealer photos are interpreted correctly.

I've always been an advocate of the Eurotimez/Trevortime DSSD .. so I am biased. I do prefer the whisper thin "white gold" dial marker lume cups, even tho they are not correct.

I am waiting for some high quality images of the new MBK v6 watch. I might give up my Zig-lumed DSSD for one if it's as good as it looks in the dark, fuzzy dealer photos.

Jkay is right. And while he's talking about the most obvious flaws, there are others in both.

I was lucky enough to compare in the flesh, my V5, my cartel ult and the gen. I kept the cartel ult. Don't let web pics fool you. In real life the gen has thick hour marker edges just like the cartel does (although mine is The Zigmeister lumed).

In short, none of the DSSD's are super-rep accurate under a loupe - but they are friggin AWESOME reps! You wont be disappointed.