When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How to dismantle a Luminor for modding

Harmtol

Hello Guy's,

Does anyone have a description how to strip down a Luminor? I want to mod one, put a different clockwork with a different crown etc in it.

I want to make a basterd version of the 177 with the movement of the 111, crown of the 177., And the dial of the 111 with the super lume of the 177.

This is my first time to do it. I don't want to screw the whole thing up.

I hope someone can help me with a description or tips and tricks.

Thanks.

greetings Harm

Edited by Harmtol

My suggestion Harm is, if you don't have the tools, don't have the experience (yet), is not to start messing with your grail yourself. Practice a bit first on a older or cheaper model. Before you know it you have the dial and/or hand scratched if you never did this stuff before and also not with the proper tools.

You'll be needing a special tool for removing the hands. Also need paper or special bergeon paper to protect the dial while doing so. And don't work near thick carpet, because you will never find stuff again if something falls of the table or jumps away. And you will be needing a blower to blow dust and other small parts away before you install the movement back in.

You could read these threads to learn and see what you will need.

http://www.rwgforum.com/forum/210-movement-reviews/

Cheers,

a fellow Dutchy