When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hi I Think I Need Help

kakos

hi everyone tryn to buy my 1st replica :g:

I have been thinking of getting this watch, and while surfing every replica site imaginable for it i am still worried about quality am i going to be dissappointed in this watch or is this watch a bad choice. movement and quality are important to me :unsure:

I also found the same watch without the cut out dial i think i like the one without the dial better. Does any one know how to order that watch from a dealer within the R.W.G. and could maybe remove the dial.

all sugg. are greatly app. good and bad

point me in the right direction :blink:

post-3266-1160109515_thumb.jpg

post-3266-1160109530_thumb.jpg

King has the plain skeleton for $790. Josh (Perfect-Clones) offers the Breguet skeleton rep with the cutout dial SS $898 or RG $998. There is a plain skeleton on ebay right now for a $680 "buy-it-now" price. This would lead me to the utmost conclusion that the swisshours site you got the picture from is a complete ripoff charging $1599 and $1499 respectively for the same watches.

These have the 2nd generation flying duck tourbillon, it is a real carousel type tourbillon chinese movement no matter if it gets placed in a replica or not. I have had a 1st generation flying duck tourbi guilloché dial Breguet replica that has performed flawlessly for 18 months. I've been very satisfied with the movement. I don't suggest buying the skeleton with a cutout dial to try to remove later. Just buy the plain skeleton which really then doesn't need to be a rep of any brand does it? I also own the plain skeleton you have pictured on the left and have no problems with the movement, the quality excellent.

The ebay price on this particular no-dial skeleton has been dropping from over $1,000 steadily for the last 3 months to as low as $630 and usually there are 2 to 3 on auction at any given time. Don't want to take your chances on the bay, try one of the dealers I mentioned above.

I don't know if it's still true, but if your tourbillon movement goes bad, you will have hard time to find someone to fix it. Last time I have read The Zigmeister post about it, he had one to repair and didn't know where to start with.

It's a very nice looking watch, but I wouldn't trust asian hands in such a complex movement. There is not much people that have a tourbillon rep (beside the dealers, I have seen none) so it's hard to say if it will last long or not.

You should start with something a bit less complex as a replica. There is some nice Skeleton watch with Venus movement that look great and cost much less. (sure, it's not a tourbillon :p)

Just my opinion.

Edited by vric

It is true about having a hard time getting it repaired, IF you ever need it repaired. But that post was by Ziggy on RWG1 back in December '05 and it was the only one. Dealer Eddielee has sold many and personally owned several with a 100% no-failure track record. If you want a real tourbillon this would be the cheapest route. I personally have not been dissappointed in the movement or the quality. But I am dissappointed that the skinny Breguet hands make it fairly impossible to read on the skeleton, rendering useless for telling time (At my age I would like to tell the time on a clock without my glasses!). I'm having the hands replaced with larger gold ones.

A tourbillon movement, chinese or swiss, is going to be difficult to repair, parts impossible to get. Even genuines are nortorious for repairs, these are delicate complicated movements, not something you would treat like a sports watch.

But vric makes a very valid point, if this is your first rep. then maybe something less complicated would be better and also something that better represents an original genuine, if representation of a genuine is what you're after. These tourbillons do not represent any genuine brands well. In my opinion one should just purchase a no-name tourbi watch at this point until the chinese made centre tourbillons drop in price and tourbi reps begin to look more like the orginals gens.