When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

info on Asian Automatic modified 21J movement

sssurfer

Hi, by chance does anyone know the diameter of the central pin (hands' pin) of the common Asian Automatic modified 21J movement that comes in many current PAM reps?

Or, shortly, if hands designed to fit the 6497 movement would fit that movement too?

Thanks,

sss :sss:

See if The Zigmeister replies to this. I remember asking a similar question with regard to the Arktos movt - if they were the same size as a valjoux (obviuos swap) and I'm sure he said they were different. At some point I will take the Arktos down and measure them if you dont get an answer soon.

Actually I need to know how to remove the PAM rotating bezel to fix the damn NSEW permanently!!

Thanks for your reply, Mark.

Don't open your Arktos only to answer my question. I have a 104 with that movt already @ my watchsmith, that just need to get hands removed (the 104, not the watchsmith) and measurement done. I was just trying to get a fast answer here, should anyone have the info.

About removing the bezel:

I also looked at that watchsmith when he removed the bezel from my 028 (not a rotating bezel though, as you know). He positioned a chisel somewhere between the case and the bezel, and while firmly holding the case in his hands he asked his colleague to give the chisel a single, sharp hammer shot.

That operation actually left a small mark, a scratch, on the case -- but it was on that part that gets covered by the bezel when it is reassembled, so no real problem.

May I also ask you which is that NSEW problem needing a fix?

The probability of any Asian movement having the same hand size as a Swiss movement are remote. Exceptions being the copies of the 6497, 7750 etc...

I am not familiar with these new asian movement in the PAM's, if it's an automatic model, the hands are most likely this size:

Seconds 0.18mm

Minute 1.00mm

Hour 1.55mm

6497 hands are

Seconds 0.26mm

Minute 1.15mm

Hour 2.00mm

Not sure if this helps, as I am not sure what movement were talking about...

RG

I am not familiar with these new asian movement in the PAM's, if it's an automatic model, the hands are most likely this size:

Seconds 0.18mm

Minute 1.00mm

Hour 1.55mm

Thanks, Rob!

I just had my local watchsmith measure them. He had to use a gauge (too low clearance to use a micrometer), and he said:

Seconds ???mm

Minute 1.00mm

Hour 1.5mm

These values are pretty close to what you said, so I am now confident that this of mine is a movement like the one you considered and I can use your values.

REALLY THANKS!

:sss: