When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

SHould I just buy a brand new BCe or service this one?

totalwise

I bought a BCE v2 graphite with lello datewheel. It's one of my most favorite watches, however at the moment it's unwound sitting on my shelf and hasn't been worn for over 4-5 months right now.

I stopped wearing it after I tried to regulate it as it was running a bit fast, the more I regulated it the oppositre effect was happening, and I foolishly adjusted the beat adjusted underneath the regulator. So the watch went crazy and started giving me all sorts of time.

So I stopped wearing it. Obviously it needs professional care right now, for someone to service and regulate it, and I was wondering whether Id be better off taking it to a rep friendly watchsmith to service the a7750 movement. Or whether I should just buy another one and use the current watch as spares.

What do you think?

Might be worth buying a new one...never a good thing to try to work on a watch yourself if you are untrained...especially when it comes to anything regarding the hair spring/balance assembly. Depending on how bad you mucked things up, it could get expensive real quick. It takes a skilled hand to straighten out a hair spring that has been bent to hell and back.