When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DW 6239

Guest Sql_pl

I was wondering if there is somebody here who owns this new 6239 offering from DW:

post-1216-0-65892000-1298272636.jpg

I am in love with vintage Daytonas lately and I think I will add this one to the stable as well, but the thing is I need to know if these subdials are just as shiny as they used to be in his plain 6263s as they were totally unacceptable for me...

Guest zeleni kukuruz

Sorry i cant help you SQ, but i love that watch. Shoot ubi a pm he should know!

I love this watch but i got to say that i UBER love the silver dial one!

The thing with DW (& other aftermarket Rolex parts sellers) is that his products tend to vary a bit from batch to batch. So, the dial that you receive may vary in details from the dial someone else received the day before. I think your best bet is to ask DW if it is possible for him to check the dial he is sending you before shipment for whatever issues you are concerned with. Otherwise, see if you can return the dial if the subdials are not as expected. Just keep your requirements simple & remember that English is not DW's language (he uses translation software to communicate & complicated words/phrases do not translate well).

Sorry for my ignorance but, does this one come complete with movement or is this just case, dial and hand set?

Thanks!

LHOOQ, thanks for that, I missed it somehow.

The thing is I am now even more concerned about those subdials... Please look at how gen subdials are finished:

6239_dome_fs.jpg

The slope is not that evident or angled....

From my readings, both types are correct. However, the flatter subdials are usually (always?) found on pump-pusher and earlier screw-pusher Daytonas. "Punched" subdials with a pronounced profile are more common in the later series of Daytonas. Late-70s to late-80s, I think. Maybe someone who owns a copy of Daytona: A Legend Is Born can set us straight.

And if you really want to get nit-picky, one thing that's bothered me about the DW dials is the shortness (in terms of height) of the metal hour markers. That's very evident in the photo.

Please note that my 6263 subdials are actually flatter and don't have a ring at the base, unlike my 6239's. Also note the difference in color:

1000804526_apiZ5-X3.jpg