When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My a7753-powered 236 lost ability to quick-set date

RickHiC

It has worked fine for many weeks, but I didn't have to set the date very often as it's usually on the winder. I put it on this morning, however, and pushing in the 10:00 set button with a pin no longer works. I don't feel any resistance when pushing, and the date doesn't budge.

Anybody else experience this with an A7753 watch? I'm ready to start pulling it apart, but I was hoping it might be an easy fix.

It has worked fine for many weeks, but I didn't have to set the date very often as it's usually on the winder. I put it on this morning, however, and pushing in the 10:00 set button with a pin no longer works. I don't feel any resistance when pushing, and the date doesn't budge.

Anybody else experience this with an A7753 watch? I'm ready to start pulling it apart, but I was hoping it might be an easy fix.

I know this might sound daft but have you tried resetting date by hand through all the dates then retrying the pusher....

• 2 weeks later...

It is actually a very common problem. The gen has the same issue and it is has a dedicated 2 or 3 piece tube within the movement ring to ensure the pusher stays on path. The rep has a less substantial stem and the tolerances are not as tight on the hole in the movement ring. I learned this when I sent a rep and a gen to Ziggy for service at the same time and he did a quick comparison. But make no mistake, over the years both have required repair on that "quickset" date pusher.