When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Arrival!

Marv1nn

Gents,

At long last, my 288k from Lay arrived today. First off, let me tell you about my experience with Lay.

Lay was exceptionally responsive via email as well as his online chat app both pre and post sales. He answered every question quickly and honestly, and sent me QC pics as well as a youtube video demonstrating test results for my watch.

I can't recommend Lay enough, I will be buying from him again as soon as possible.

The watch is gorgeous, check my lame pics of the unwrapping below.

Sadly, the included strap is too short. I got the croc calf- easily the best rep strap I've ever seen.

Now for the horror story.

So I tried the 288 on with the croc. Decided to change straps...

....and dropped a screw.

To say my heart stopped as I gazed down at the plush rug below me would be an understatement. I remembered after much wailing and gnashing of teeth that I have an exceptionally powerful bulk eraser in my IT arsenal.

I'm happy to report that the magnet dragged the screw out of the rug, and the watch is now wearable again!

If you're on the fence about the 288k, don't wait - do this. Love the piece. If you'll excuse me, I need to go strap shopping now ;)

IMG-20110318-00091.jpg

IMG-20110318-00092.jpg

IMG-20110318-00093.jpg

IMG-20110318-00094.jpg

IMG-20110318-00095.jpg

IMG-20110318-00097.jpg

You can also buy a decent set of bars and screws with washers from Panatime.

Another great way of finding dropped screws is using a black light...it will spot any size screw in a deep s hag pile from a couple of feet :)

The rep straps are well known for being to short for a lot of guys...indeed the 288 straps have been remarked upon by loads of guys on here...