When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Basel 2008 Sub Updates--Lug Size Question

beanyboy

So I pulled the trigger today on another Sub for my collection--the blue face and blue ceramic bezel model with the "updated" case size that was unveiled in Basel back in 2008. It should show up from Ms. King quite soon. But I am curious about lug size. In addition to the stainless steel bracelet it comes with, I am interested in buying a blue/black nylon stripe NATO strap for it (based on seeing a guy in London wearing the blue sub with this strap last summer.) Man, did it look good! I sourced a great supplier for the strap, and he carries it in both 22mm and 23mm widths. All my old version subs have 22mm lug widths, but I wonder if anybody knows if the new Basel 2008 version has 23mm lugs or if they left the size alone?

Any thoughts on this would be most appreciated, as I would love to have the strap ready by the time the Sub shows up!

BB

0.o? all subs have 20mm lug width except for the new ones lol, which I think, don't quote me on this, is 22mm.

Yep, I just measured and you're quite right. Old version Subs certainly do have a 20mm lug width. But I am wondering if the new oversize Basel 2008 version increased lug width? Maybe not, because the case isn't that much bigger. Maybe it's best to wait and not make a mistake.

BB