When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Elma multiscript Timing machine

Milgauss

I just got my hands on this old timing machine it’s the ELMA multiscript but unfortunately it came without the manual.

I have been searching for info regarding this machine to no avail. Lots of info on other machines though,like the vibrograf B200 among others.

P3080059.jpg

So now I’m hoping to tap into the collective wisdom on RWG.

First of all I’m trying to figure out what all the buttons on the machine and the microphone does. I believe this machine

is able to test mechanical watches but also tuning fork and quartzes aswell.

I am only really interested in the functions related to mechanical movements but with all the buttons want to be sure I have

set it up correctly. I have tested it with the movement in the case and mounted directly on the microphone and the machine starts

ticking away like it should, but when I listen in with the headphones the ticking is rather weak with a lot of static.

Regarding the machine itself:

I know how to set the beat rate and adjust the volume but I have no idea what the other buttons do.

“Pap.10” ”Pap. Autom” “ET” “L10 “L100”

P3080061.jpg

The microphone “QM 200” looks really complicated with lots of buttons. Feel free to chime in with your theories.

P3080060.jpgP3080062.jpg

Thanks for looking/Milgauss

I would search Witschi manuals mate as these were all made by them under the Elma brand...

Or try contacting someone like Delph Electronics.....he does repairs and maintenance for these machines..:)