When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tudor Montecarlo case

alterego

Hi fellows: I have been in this forum for about four years, but I have not posted much. I usually read the WATCHES trade section and this has developed my interest in franken watches. I think assembling Franks is a lot of fun. Maybe more than than collecting standard replicas. I have already modified (with the help of my watch master) a Rolex Oysterquartz, Omega Speedmaster and I'm in love with the Tudor Montecarlo. I already have the Valjoux 7734 movement, the hands and the dial (aftermarket) Now comes the difficult part; the case and crystal. I have tried with a couple of replica Daytona cases and an Invicta Speedway but the movement height is not enough. I checked the internet and found one supplier, who guarantees the movement will fit in the case but it's a little expensive. Can someone suggest where to look for an affordable case that make house the 7734 ?

Thank you in advance for your comments.

Regards.

Guest Sql_pl

You should get a set from DW like FXRandy said. He has a great sale price now for the whole case set (case, caseback, bezel, crystal, pushers, hands, dial), all you need is a v7734 to throw in. DWs dial is actually one of the best if not the best aftermarket dial available.

Here is mine (need to get a gen crystal somewhere down the road):

tu1.jpg

91833444.jpg

Thank you sql_pl and FxrAndy for your suggestions. I was very impressed by the pics you included. That's a beautiful watch.

I already sent a message and and an email to David, asking him if he has an available case. I cross my fingers.

Thank you both for the tips. I feel honored to have received replies from members who have such a long history in the forum.

Best.

Jaime