When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Clapton had his 6263 ROC Newman PVD coated!

Guest Sql_pl

Just a guess but you probably think Mark Knopfler is good too?

by any objective measure, they are both good - VERY good in fact

I personally would listen to Django Reinhardt more (and Roger Waters, but I digress)

Eric Clapton is one of the best guitarists the world has ever seen - go and torrent some Cream!

OK, I'll hold my (slow)hand up, I'm not really saying he's rubbish and I'm sure Knopfler is good too in his own way it's just that - and this is purely my personal feeling - I find them both very boring. There I've said it. Shoot me down in flames if you like but I just do and that's that. In my opinion Dire Straits should be prescribed to anyone suffering from insomnia, just pop one of their tracks on the iPod and you'll be asleep in seconds. I can't play guitar and know nothing of its technicalities so am probably being laughed at by many (not the first time) but give me Jimmies Page or Hendrix any day of the week.

Oh - here's someone else who is/was completely over rated and rubbish - Lawrence Olivier, but that's another subject.

By the way wat44 I was pleased to see you like Roger Waters, am going to see 'The Wall' this summer - can't wait! No hard feelings meant to any fans and I hope you carry on enjoying the solo on Layla - even though Clapton didn't play it on the recording :whistling:

Edited by dieselpower